There are a bunch of sweets lovers living in my house, and my husband has the biggest sweet tooth of all. He’s a blueberry guy, and he’ll take them any way he can get them. He particularly loves cobblers, crumbles, and crisps, so when I saw that we had only one more bag of blueberries from last year’s trips to the blueberry farm, I figured I’d better make him a sweet, juicy Blueberry Crisp.
All you’ll need is a quart of blueberries (or a bag of frozen), 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 1/2 cup of sugar, a cup of oatmeal, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and a stick of butter.
The first step is to mix a cup of sugar and a half cup of flour in a bowl.
Add the frozen blueberries and toss to coat.
Pour into a dish coated with cooking spray. In the same bowl, mix the rest of the flour, the rest of the sugar, the brown sugar, the oatmeal, and the butter. If butter isn’t softened, melt in microwave. Mix all together well and top blueberries with it.
Bake on 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until topping is golden.
Enjoy Blueberry Crisp with a side of vanilla ice cream.
I know fruit desserts are a favorite of some people, but others would prefer chocolate or something else creamy. Which do you like best?
- 1 quart of blueberries (or a bag of frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- The first step is to mix a cup of sugar and a half cup of flour in a bowl.
- Add blueberries, and toss to coat. Pour into baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- In the same bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Mix together well. Sprinkle over top of blueberry mixture.
- Bake on 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until topping is golden.
- Serve warm with a side of vanilla ice cream.