Y’all, I am beat! Not necessarily the way to begin a Monday morning, but it is what it is. We have traveled a lot of miles in the past three weeks. We have had lots of fun and done some fun stuff. It’s gonna take me a while to upload pictures, edit them, write blog posts and get them published because I have this other thing going on called LIFE. I’m trying not to let the mundane (laundry, grocery shopping, unpacking luggage) get in the way of the fun stuff, but the truth of the matter is, I can’t settle down enough to write creatively until I get the clutter under control. I’d pay big money right now to have someone come over and do it for me. But that ain’t happenin’.
So, you’ll have to give me some time to get the necessities under control around the Hill Hang-Out. Once I can see the floor and tabletops around here, I’ll be back to post pictures of some fun field trips we’ve been on – including a field trip JUST FOR MAMA!! Yeehaw!
Y’all have a clutter-free Monday!
I don’t get out much for shopping, what with all the homeschooling and errands and laundry and the what-have-you. I really don’t miss it, and sort of prefer to do most of my window-shopping online from the comfort of my recliner. I have been in the market for a couple of new chairs. I will, of course, need to see these in person before purchasing them, but there are a few that I particularly liked online.
1. The Modern Windsor Chaise from West Elm. Okay, so this is not technically a chair, but I’m going to include it anyway because it’s my blog and I can make executive decisions like that. It can be hard to find furniture I like in the farmhouse/early American style. Often, pieces in this style tend to be too country, and country makes my skin crawl. But when I saw this chaise on http://www.westelm.com/, I thought it looked really interesting. I have a spot that I think a chaise might work, and this one has caught my attention. I have to think on it a while, though. What do you think?
2. The Ellery Chair. This one is also by http://www.westelm.com/. Ordinary wing chairs are a dime a dozen, but sometimes you have a space where you need the height of a wing chair. This gives you both the height of a traditional wing back, but without the overdone, traditional look. I think it’s a bolder, more updated take on the classic look, without being overly whimsical. I like it a lot.
3. The Stella Chair. How fun would a pair of these be in a room that was otherwise full of neutrals? I love the color: Chipper Arizona. It IS a very southwestern color, but not an overly southwestern style chair. I think it could work with a lot of different color palettes. This chair is from http://www.io-metro.com/. It also comes in a black and white colorway.
4. The Eddie Accent Chair. Y’all. I saw this gorgeous chair in the display case at the mall the other day, and I had to run down to Z Gallerie to check it out. It is even better in person than it is over the computer screen. The color intensifies on the screen, so in real life it is a little more subtle. It is so rich looking, and what a fun way to infuse a little color into a room! The nail head trim tones down the intensity a little, giving it a more tailored look. And believe it or not, it’s a really classic look, despite the fact that it’s a turquoise leather chair. As much as I love this chair, at $1300 it’s a little pricey for my home-with-hummus-eating-three-year-old-princesses. And besides, I already have two leather items in my living room. Three would be overkill.
5. The Alister Chair is another beauty from Z Gallerie. I love the richness of the charcoal gray velvet. Doesn’t it make you want to crawl up in it’s warmth? This is another one that I don’t have a place for, but oh, how I wish I did! It is lovely!
6. The Ikea KIVIK Chair. You might not, at first glance, think much about this chair. But, y’all, this chair comes in ten different colors and it is only $199!! I can think of a thousand different places where this chair, or maybe a pair of them, would be just the ticket. Especially at that price. It’s a little bit contemporary, a little bit shabby chic, a little bit country, a little bit rock and roll. Okay, scratch those last two. I got carried away. But you know you have several places around your house where this would be a great addition.
7. The TV Lounger. (Sorry, I don’t have a picture for this one.) From Ikea to McAlpine Home/Lee Industries. What can I say? I have champagne taste and a beer budget. This one you’ll have to find at fine furniture stores. Check the website for a dealer near you.
Hope y’all stay safe and warm and dry this weekend. We’re hoping for some sunshine here in the Deep South!