As you’ve probably figured out by now, our family loves food. We don’t love all food though. We have been to disney twice as a family and eaten in a lot of restaurants. Some restaurants are really yummy, some are not so good, and some are good just for the experience. Below, we have put together a list of our family’s favorite food to eat in the magical place.
1. Rainforest Cafe- Outside Animal Kingdom- The Rainforest Cafe is such a fun restaurant! It feels exactly like you are in a rainforest all throughout the place. The food is good, but the scenery and experience is even better. Your kids that thrill over animals will be ecstatic about this place. Be sure to note that this is outside Animal Kingdom and not accessible through the park, but is right next door to the Animal Kingdom entrance.
BEST BREAK RESTAURANT
2. Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre Restaurant- Hollywood Studios- This eatery is a super great one! What I mean by break restaurant is that this is a place where your gonna want to stop for a while to have fun. It’s not the place to grab a quick bite before your next fastpass, but is rather a fun experience in itself. You get to eat in retro convertible car booths and watch old movies while you’re there.
3. Tusker House- Animal Kingdom- This place is so yummy!! We ate there for lunch on Thanksgiving Day and it was amazing! It is a buffet that has all kinds of fresh, great food and if ya go on Thanksgiving, they serve traditional turkey and dressing.
BEST SNACK FOOD
4. Golden Oak Outpost- Frontier Land in Magic kingdom- This place is a great one to grab something at before you hit your next stop. They have chicken fingers and waffle fries. We didn’t have the chicken, but the waffle fries were delicious and came in so many different flavors. You can get ’em plain, but you can also get them piled high with BBQ, lettuce, sour cream, and more!
BEST ETHNIC FOOD
5. San Angel Inn Restaurante- Mexico in Epcot- This restaurant is a super cool experience. If you’re looking for fantastic tex-mex, this isn’t your place, but the cool scenery and fun times made it worth it for us to go. It is inside, but is painted to make you feel like you’re outdoors in Mexico with all your Mexican friends.
BEST SWEET TREAT
6. Aloha Isle- Adventure Land in Magic kingdom- This is called a Dole Whip. It is one of Disney Park’s most iconic desserts and is super yummy. It is a vanilla ice-cream/pineapple-y dream boat. You can find it at Aloha Isle in Magic Kingdom, but it is also available in many other venues throughout the parks and resorts.
BEST NON-PARK FOOD
7. Wolfgang Pucks- Downtown Disney- This restaurant is so fantabulous! It isn’t in the parks, but is a fantastic place for dinner one night, or lunch before ya leave town. The food is crazy good and we all loved what we got when we went.
I hope y’all enjoyed reading about all our Disney travels! If you are hungry for more Disney, check out 5 Things That Will Save Your Disney Trip. Thanks for reading!
XOXO, Mary Anneliese