I came across Paula Deen’s recipe for house seasoning a few years ago, and I thought it looked like a mighty handy mixture to have on hand. While I have modified her original recipe to make it more to our liking, house seasoning has become a staple in my spice cabinet.
I use house seasoning on everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING. I use it on pan-fried chicken, oven roasted turkey breast, garlic bread, spicy drip beef, chili, hamburgers, and just about anything we throw on the grill. We use it so much that I finally broke down and bought a large shaker since I kept running out!
I have no doubt that when you mix up a batch of house seasoning and keep it in your cabinet, you will find all sorts of things to use it on.
- 6 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 6 Tablespoons Pink Himalayan Sea Salt or Your Favorite Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Ground Black Pepper
- Mix together well and store in air tight container.
- House seasoning is very versatile. Use it on grilled or pan-fried chicken, pork chops, steaks, in stir-fry, or in soups.