If you’ve ever eaten at one of the chicken finger chains like Zaxby’s or Raising Cane’s, you’ve no doubt wondered how they make their special sauce taste so good. It is, after all, the crowning glory of their chicken finger dinners. It’s the perfect dip for the chicken fingers, the fires, and even the bread. We southerners are a little crazy about dipping our food. While the actual recipes used by chains are closely guarded secrets, you can make a batch of Comeback Sauce at home that will rival any of the chain sauces.
Comeback Sauce is simple to make, as it only requires mixing the ingredients – no cooking whatsoever. It does have quite a few ingredients, but most of them are items most family households would have on hand anyway. If you’re in a pinch, go ahead and make it without the missing ingredients, as it will still be good. You can mix it with a whisk or in a blender, whichever you prefer.
Here’s what you’ll need for Comeback Sauce:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup chili sauce or Heinz 57 Steak Sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon sriracha or Tabasco hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
Mix all ingredients in a bowl with a whisk or blend in blender. Store in air-tight container in fridge.
Comeback Sauce is great on chicken, but it is also good on shrimp, steak, hamburgers, oven fries, and just about anything else you like to dip. It is a great staple dip to have on hand because you can always find something else to try it on.
I hope you all like it!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chili sauce or Heinz Steak Sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sriracha or Tabasco hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk, or blend in a blender until smooth.
- Comeback is a delicious dip that can be used on chicken fingers, steak, shrimp, or fries. It's also terrific on veggies.